This document is an electronic record in terms of Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules there under as applicable and the amended provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as amended by the Information Technology Act, 2000. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
The domain name www.shrimatee.com (hereinafter referred to as “Website”) is owned by Sidnet Insignia Private Limited a company incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956 with its registered office at A-1/1005, Krishna Apra Gardens, Vaibhav Khand, Indirapuram, Ghaziabad 201014 (hereinafter referred to as “Shrimatee”).
Use of the Website is available only to persons who can form legally binding contracts under Indian Contract Act, 1872. Persons who are “incompetent to contract” within the meaning of the Indian Contract Act, 1872 including minors, un-discharged insolvents etc. are not eligible to use the Website. If you are a minor i.e. under the age of 18 years, you shall not register as a User of the Shrimatee website and shall not transact on or use the website. As a minor if you wish to use or transact on website, such use or transaction may be made by your legal guardian or parents on the Website. Shrimatee reserves the right to terminate your membership and / or refuse to provide you with access to the Website if it is brought to Shrimatee’s notice or if it is discovered that you are under the age of 18 years.
Your Account and Registration Obligations
When You use the Website or send emails or other data, information or communication to us, You agree and understand that You are communicating with Us through electronic records and You consent to receive communications via electronic records from Us periodically and as and when required. We may communicate with you by email or by such other mode of communication, electronic or otherwise.
Membership on the Website is free for buyers. Shrimatee does not charge any fee for browsing and buying on the Website. Shrimatee reserves the right to change its Fee Policy from time to time. In particular, Shrimatee may at its sole discretion introduce new services and modify some or all of the existing services offered on the Website. In such an event Shrimatee reserves the right to introduce fees for the new services offered or amend/introduce fees for existing services, as the case may be. Changes to the Fee Policy shall be posted on the Website and such changes shall automatically become effective immediately after they are posted on the Website. Unless otherwise stated, all fees shall be quoted in Indian Rupees. You shall be solely responsible for compliance of all applicable laws including those in India for making payments to Sidnet Insignia Private Limited.
Use of the Website
You agree, undertake and confirm that Your use of Website shall be strictly governed by the following binding principles:
1. It is possible that other users (including unauthorized users or “hackers”) may post or transmit offensive or obscene materials on the Website and that You may be involuntarily exposed to such offensive and obscene materials. It also is possible for others to obtain personal information about You due to your use of the Website, and that the recipient may use such information to harass or injure You. We does not approve of such unauthorized uses, but by using the Website You acknowledge and agree that We are not responsible for the use of any personal information that You publicly disclose or share with others on the Website. Please carefully select the type of information that You publicly disclose or share with others on the Website.
2. Shrimatee shall have all the rights to take necessary action and claim damages that may occur due to your involvement/participation in any way on your own or through group/s of people, intentionally or unintentionally in DoS/DDoS (Distributed Denial of Services).
Contents Posted on Site
You may use information on the products and services purposely made available on the Website for downloading, provided that You (1) do not remove any proprietary notice language in all copies of such documents, (2) use such information only for your personal, non-commercial informational purpose and do not copy or post such information on any networked computer or broadcast it in any media, (3) make no modifications to any such information, and (4) do not make any additional representations or warranties relating to such documents.
We may share personal information with our other corporate entities and affiliates. These entities and affiliates may market to you as a result of such sharing unless you explicitly opt-out.
We may disclose personal information to third parties. This disclosure may be required for us to provide you access to our Services, to comply with our legal obligations, to enforce our User Agreement, to facilitate our marketing and advertising activities, or to prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities related to our Services. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes without your explicit consent.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability
This Website, all the materials and products (including but not limited to software) and services, included on or otherwise made available to You through this site are provided on “as is” and “as available” basis without any representation or warranties, express or implied except otherwise specified in writing. Without prejudice to the forgoing paragraph, Shrimatee does not warrant that:
• This Website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
• The information on this Website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Shrimatee will not be liable to You in any way or in relation to the Contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, the Website. Shrimatee does not warrant that this site; information, Content, materials, product (including software) or services included on or otherwise made available to You through the Website; their servers; or electronic communication sent from Us are free of viruses or other harmful components.
Nothing on Website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. All the Products sold on Website are governed by different state laws and if Shrimatee is unable to deliver such Products due to implications of different state laws, Shrimatee will return or will give credit for the amount (if any) received in advance by Shrimatee from the sale of such Product that could not be delivered to You.
You will be required to enter a valid phone number while placing an order on the Website. By registering Your phone number with us, You consent to be contacted by Us via phone calls and/or SMS notifications, in case of any order or shipment or delivery related updates. We will not use your personal information to initiate any promotional phone calls or SMS, unless you are a member of our loyalty program.
While availing any of the payment method/s available on the Website, we will not be responsible or assume any liability, whatsoever in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly to You due to:
1. Lack of authorization for any transaction/s, or
2. Exceeding the preset limit mutually agreed by You and between “Bank/s”, or
3. Any payment issues arising out of the transaction, or
4. Decline of transaction for any other reason/s
All payments made against the purchases/services on Website by you shall be compulsorily in Indian Rupees acceptable in the Republic of India. Website will not facilitate transaction with respect to any other form of currency with respect to the purchases made on Website.
Before shipping / delivering your order to you, Shrimatee may request you to provide supporting documents (including but not limited to Govt. issued ID and address proof) to establish the ownership of the payment instrument used by you for your purchase. This is done in the interest of providing a safe online shopping environment to Our Users.
2. You have specifically authorized Shrimatee or its service providers to collect, process, facilitate and remit payments and / or the Transaction Price electronically in respect of transactions through Payment Facility.
3. You understand, accept and agree that the payment facility provided by Shrimatee is neither a banking nor financial service but is merely a facilitator providing an electronic, automated online electronic payment, for the Transactions on the Shrimatee Website using the existing authorized banking infrastructure and Credit Card payment gateway networks. Further, by providing Payment Facility, Shrimatee is neither acting as trustees nor acting in a fiduciary capacity with respect to the Transaction or the Transaction Price.
Payment Facility for Buyers:
• You, as a Buyer, understand that upon initiating a Transaction You are entering into a legally binding and enforceable contract with Shrimatee to purchase the products and /or services from Shrimatee using the Payment Facility, and You shall pay the Transaction Price through Your Issuing Bank to Shrimatee using Payment Facility.
• You, as a Buyer, may agree with Shrimatee through electronic communication and electronic records and using the automated features as may be provided by Payment Facility on any extension / increase in the Dispatch and/or Delivery time and the Transaction shall stand amended to such extent. Any such extension / increase of Dispatch / Delivery time or subsequent novation / variation of the Transaction should be in compliance with Payment Facility Rules and Policies.
• You, as a Buyer, shall electronically notify Payment Facility using the appropriate Shrimatee Website features immediately upon Delivery or non Delivery within the time period as provided in Policies. Non notification by You of Delivery or non Delivery within the time period specified in the Policies shall be construed as a deemed Delivery in respect of that Transaction.
• You, as a Buyer, shall be entitled to claim a refund of the Transaction Price (as Your sole and exclusive remedy) in case You do not receive the Delivery within the time period agreed in the Transaction or within the time period as provided in the Policies, whichever is earlier. In case you do not raise a refund claim using Website features within the stipulated time than this would make You ineligible for a refund.
• You, as a Buyer, understand that the Payment Facility may not be available in full or in part for certain category of products and/or services and/or Transactions as mentioned in the Policies and hence You may not be entitled to a refund in respect of the Transactions for those products and /or services
• Refund shall be made in Indian Rupees only and shall be equivalent to the Transaction Price received in Indian Rupees.
• For electronics payments, refund shall be made through payment facility using NEFT / RTGS or any other online banking / electronic funds transfer system approved by Reserve Bank India (RBI).
• Refund shall be conditional and shall be with recourse available to Shrimatee in case of any misuse by Buyer.
• Refund shall be subject to Buyer complying with Policies.
4. Shrimatee reserves the right to impose limits on the number of Transactions or Transaction Price which Shrimatee may receive from on an individual Valid Credit/Debit/ Cash Card / Valid Bank Account/ and such other infrastructure or any other financial instrument directly or indirectly through payment aggregator or through any such facility authorized by Reserve Bank of India to provide enabling support facility for collection and remittance of payment or by an individual Buyer during any time period, and reserves the right to refuse to process Transactions exceeding such limit.
5. Shrimatee reserves the right to refuse to process Transactions by Buyers with a prior history of questionable charges including without limitation breach of any agreements by Buyer with Shrimatee or breach/violation of any law or any charges imposed by Issuing Bank or breach of any policy.
6. Shrimatee may delay notifying the payment confirmation, if Shrimatee deems suspicious or for Buyers conducting high transaction volumes to ensure safety of the Transaction and Transaction Price. In addition, Shrimatee may hold Transaction Price and Shrimatee may not Dispatch or remit Transaction Price to law enforcement officials (instead of refunding the same to Buyer) at the request of law enforcement officials or in the event the Buyer is engaged in any form of illegal activity.
7. The Buyer acknowledges that Shrimatee will not be liable for any damages, interests or claims etc. resulting from not processing a Transaction/Transaction Price or any delay in processing a Transaction/Transaction Price which is beyond control of Shrimatee.
Compliance with Laws:
8. Buyer shall comply with all the applicable laws (including without limitation Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 and the rules made and notifications issued there under and the Exchange Control Manual as may be issued by Reserve Bank of India from time to time, Customs Act, Information and Technology Act, 2000 as amended by the Information Technology (Amendment) Act 2008, Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002 and the rules made thereunder, Foreign Contribution Regulation Act, 1976 and the rules made there under, Income Tax Act, 1961 and the rules made there under, Export Import Policy of government of India) applicable to them respectively for using Payment Facility and Shrimatee Website.
Buyer’s arrangement with Issuing Bank:
9. All Valid Credit / Debit/ Cash Card/ and other payment instruments are processed using a Credit Card payment gateway or appropriate payment system infrastructure and the same will also be governed by the terms and conditions agreed to between the Buyer and the respective Issuing Bank and payment instrument issuing company.
10. All Online Bank Transfers from Valid Bank Accounts are processed using the gateway provided by the respective Issuing Bank which support Payment Facility to provide these services to the Users. All such Online Bank Transfers on Payment Facility are also governed by the terms and conditions agreed to between Buyer and the respective Issuing Bank.
7 Day Replacement Guarantee*
The 7 Day Replacement Guarantee seeks to assist Buyers who have been unhappy with their purchase on the Website. If at the time of delivery and/or within 7 days from the date of delivery of the product/s, if any defect is found, then the buyer of the product/s can ask for replacement of the product/s from Shrimatee subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. All innerwear / lingerie /edible products are ineligible for any exchange or refund, unless it is for non-delivery of consignment by the logistics partner. The same may need to be supported by necessary airway bill and subsequent investigation by Shrimatee to that effect.
2. Notify Shrimatee of any defects in the product/s at the time of delivery of the product/s and/or within 7 days from the date of delivery and the same product/s will be replaced in return of the defective product/s.
2. Replacement can be for the entire product/s or part/s of the product subject to availability of the same with Shrimatee. Following products shall not be eligible for return or replacement:• Damages due to misuse of product;
• Incidental damage due to malfunctioning of product;
• Any consumable item which has been used/installed;
• Products with tampered or missing serial/UPC numbers;
• Digital products/services
• Any damage/defect which are not covered under the manufacturer’s warranty
• Any product that is returned without all original packaging and accessories, including the box, manufacturer’s packaging if any, and all other items originally included with the product/s delivered;
• Any product which is ‘made to order’ on customer’s request.
• On Clothing, Footwear and Jewellery, we accept 7 day exchange subject to the following conditions:Clothes and footwear are not used (other than for trial), altered, washed, soiled or damaged in any way.
• Original tags and packaging should be intact. For items that come in branded packaging, the box should be undamaged.
• Jewellery, Innerwear, lingerie, socks and clothing freebies are not covered under the return policy.
Damaged or defective clothing and footwear products are meanwhile covered by the 7 Day Replacement Guarantee. If Shrimatee has suspicion or knowledge, that any of its buyers are involved in any activity that is intended to provide claims or information that is false, misleading or not genuine, then Shrimatee may while reserving its rights to initiate civil and/or criminal proceedings against member may also at its sole discretion suspend, block, restrict, cancel the Display Name of such buyer and /or disqualify that user and any related users from availing protection through this program. Shrimatee reserves its right to initiate civil and/or criminal proceedings against a user who, files an invalid and/or false claims or provides false, incomplete, or misleading information. In addition to the legal proceedings as aforesaid, Shrimatee may at its sole discretion suspend, block, restrict, cancel the Display Name [and its related Display Names] of such user and/or disqualify that user and any related users from availing protection through this program. Any person who, knowingly and with intent to injure, defraud or deceive, files a Fraudulent Complaint containing false, incomplete, or misleading information may be guilty of a criminal offence and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Jurisdictional Issues/Sale in India Only
Shrimatee make no representation that materials in the Website are appropriate or available for use in other locations/Countries other than India. Those who choose to access this site from other locations/Countries other than India do so on their own initiative and Shrimatee is not responsible for supply of products/refund for the products ordered from other locations/Countries other than India, compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
Trademark, Copyright and Restriction
This site is controlled and operated by Shrimatee and products are sold by Shrimatee. All material on this site, including images, illustrations, audio clips, and video clips, are protected by copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights. Material on Website is solely for Your personal, non-commercial use. You must not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute such material in any way, including by email or other electronic means and whether directly or indirectly and You must not assist any other person to do so. Without the prior written consent of the owner, modification of the materials, use of the materials on any other website or networked computer environment or use of the materials for any purpose other than personal, non-commercial use is a violation of the copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary rights, and is prohibited. Any use for which You receive any remuneration, whether in money or otherwise, is a commercial use for the purposes of this clause.
Shrimatee respects the intellectual property of others. In case You feel that Your Trademark has been infringed, You can write to Shrimatee at grievances@Shrimatee.in
Shrimatee does not warrant that Product description or other content of this Website is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free and assumes no liability in this regard.
Limitation of Liability
Shrimatee prohibits the use of language that is racist, hateful, sexual or obscene in nature in a public area. This policy extends to text within listings, on all other areas of the site that another User may view. If the profane words are part of a title for the item being sold, we will ‘blur’ out the bulk of the offending word with asterisks (i.e., s*** or f***).
Please report any violations of this policy to the correct area for review:
* Report offensive Display Names
* Report offensive language in a listing or otherwise
If a feedback comment; or any communication made between Users on the Website; or email communication between Users in relation to transactions conducted on Website contain profanity, please review Our feedback removal policy and submit a request for action/removal.
Disciplinary action may result in the indefinite suspension of a User’s account, temporary suspension, or a formal warning.
Shrimatee will consider the circumstances of an alleged policy violation and the user’s trading records before taking action.
Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:
1. Limits placed on account privileges;
2. Loss of special status;
3. Account suspension.
Definition: ‘Return’ is defined as the action of giving back the item purchased by the Buyer to Shrimatee on the Shrimatee website. Following situations may arise:
1. Item was defective
2. Item was damaged during the Shipping
3. Products was / were missing
4. Wrong item was sent by Shrimatee.
Return could also result in refund of money in most of the cases.
Points to be noted:
1. Shrimatee can always accept the return irrespective of the policy. We encourage the Buyer to review the listing before making the purchase decision. In case Buyer orders a wrong item, Buyer shall not be entitled to any return/refund. Buyer needs to raise the refund request within 7 days from the date of payment realization. Once Buyer has raised a return request by contacting Us, Shrimatee can choose one of the following options:
1. Replace after shipment collection – Shrimatee has agreed to wait for the logistics team to collect the shipment from the buyer before replacing it)
2. Refund after shipment collection – Shrimatee has agreed to wait for the logistics team to collect the shipment from the buyer before refunding)
3. Refund without shipment collection – Shrimatee has agreed to refund the buyer without expecting the original shipment back)
4. Replace without shipment collection – Shrimatee has agreed to replace the order without expecting the original shipment back)
5. On certain select days as specified by Shrimatee (such as EOSS) separate policies may be applicable.
In the event Shrimatee accepts the return request raised by the Buyer, Buyer will have to return the product and then the refund shall be credited to the Buyer as cash or Shrimatee Money
Further for returns being made by Buyer to Shrimatee of the product, the following parameters needs to be ensured by the Buyer:
|Electronics||Should be included|
|Clothing and Footwear||Should be “New & Unworn” (other than for trial)|
|Beauty, Health & Personal Care||Should be “New & Unopened”|
|Office Products||Should be “New” and returned with original packaging|
|Jewellery||Should be “New” and returned with original packaging|
If the product being returned is not in accordance with the above parameters, then Buyer shall not be entitled to any refund of money from Shrimatee.
Shipping cost for returning the product shall be borne and incurred by Shrimatee.
Definition: Replacement is the action or process of replacing something in place of another. A Buyer can request for replacement whenever he is not happy with the item, reason being Damaged in shipping, Defective item, Item(s) missing, wrong item shipped and the like.
Points to be noted:
1. Shrimatee can always accept the return irrespective of the policy.
Shrimatee needs to raise the replacement request within 7 days from the date of delivery of products. Once Buyer has raised a replacement request by contacting Us, the following steps shall be followed:
1. Buyer is asked for “Reason for Return”. Among others, the following are the leading reasons:
* Shipping was damaged
* Item was defective
* Item(s) were missing
* Wrong item sent
3. In case Shrimatee accepts the replacement request, Buyer shall be required to return the product to Shrimatee and only after return of the product, Shrimatee shall be obliged to provide the replacement product to the Buyer.
In case Shrimatee doesn’t have the product at all, Shrimatee can provide the refund to the Buyer and Buyer shall be obligated to accept the refund in lieu of replacement. All the product parameters shall be required to be complied with in cases of replacement.
All shipping and other replacement charges shall be borne and incurred by Shrimatee.
Disputes via Chargeback
Whenever a chargeback (CB) comes from a payment gateway/bank, following situations may arise:
1. Item not received CB – Buyer hasn’t received the item. Refund will be created in accordance with the dispute policies
2. Unauthorized CB – Buyer hasn’t made this particular transaction. Refund will be created in accordance with the dispute policies.
Issuing the correct and complete invoice is the sole and primary responsibility of Shrimatee.
3. Item not as described – meaning item is not what Buyer expected. Dispute will be decided in accordance with the dispute policies.
Email Abuse & Threat Policy
Private communication, including email correspondence, is not regulated by Shrimatee. Shrimatee encourages its Users to be professional, courteous and respectful when communicating by email.
However, Shrimatee will investigate and can take action on certain types of unwanted emails that violate Shrimatee policies.
Threats of Bodily Harm – Shrimatee does not permit Users to send explicit threats of bodily harm.
Misuse of Shrimatee System – Shrimatee allows Users to facilitate transactions through the Shrimatee system, but will investigate any misuse of this service.
Spoof (Fake) email – Shrimatee will never ask you to provide sensitive information through email. In case you receive any spoof (fake) email, you are requested to report the same to Us through ‘Contact Us’ tab.
Spam (Unsolicited Commercial email) – Shrimatee’s spam policy applies only to unsolicited commercial messages sent by Shrimatee Users. Shrimatee Users are not allowed to send spam messages to other Users.
Offers to Buy or Sell Outside of Shrimatee – Shrimatee prohibits email offers to buy or sell listed products outside of the Shrimatee Website. Offers of this nature are a potential fraud risk for Buyers.
Shrimatee policy prohibits user-to-user threats of physical harm via any method including, phone, email and on Our public message boards.
Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:
* Limits on account privileges
* Account suspension
* Cancellation of listings
* Loss of special status
Shrimatee does not take responsibility or liability for the actions, products, content and services on the Website, which are linked to Affiliates and / or third party websites using Website’s APIs or otherwise. In addition, the Website may provide links to the third party websites of Our affiliated companies and certain other businesses for which, Shrimatee assumes no responsibility for examining or evaluating the products and services offered by them. Shrimatee do not warrant the offerings of, any of these businesses or individuals or the content of such third party website(s). Shrimatee does not endorse, in any way, any third party website(s) or content thereof.